APPOINTMENT BOOKING DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
We are working to provide more routine face to face GP appointments as we move out of the pandemic.
Please note our doors are open and the Practice reception services are available from 8.00am - 6.30pm Monday to Friday.
Please note the following guidance when booking GP appointments:
- All appointments (telephone or face to face) are offered as routine. This means that the problem you wish to speak to the GP about can be dealt with between 3 days and 6 weeks from the time you contact us. The Receptionist will ask what the nature of the problem is and how long you have had the symptoms before offering you the next available appointment with your usual GP.
Please note that our receptionists are trained to recognise key symptoms that may mean you need urgent or emergency medical care and will advise you of this when you ask for an appointment.
They are not trained medical professionals but are professional receptionists who work within parameters set by the GPs. They have been trained to ask what the nature of the issue is and know that if they have any doubt as to the correct appointment to offer, to seek advice from management or a GP.
If you have a routine telephone call with a GP and they wish to examine you or have a face to face follow up, they will book the appointment for you during the telephone call or ask Reception to contact you to book in.
- All urgent appointments will be telephone calls with a GP in the first instance. The GP will call you to triage your problem. If the GP would then like to examine you, they will invite you in for a face to face consultation and will book this appointment for you.
- Routine telephone appointments are now available to book online.
- Please note we are still maintaining social distancing measures within our waiting room and therefore we are carefully monitoring how many patients we are inviting in to ensure we can keep the required distance. Please arrive on time for your appointment and not early.
- Please remember to wear a face mask/covering when you attend the Practice and do not attend if you are experiencing covid-19 symptoms of high temperature, new, continuous cough or have lost your sense of taste or smell.
Thank you for your co-operation and please continue to stay safe